- Please take the time to read this document carefully as any transaction or interaction over this website will be bound by this, and it will be assumed that you have read it. The policies laid down are considered to be a legally binding agreement under the relevant law(s) in force in India at the time.
- This document is an electronic record in terms of the amended Information Technology Act, 2000, and rules and regulations made thereunder. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures. This document is published in accordance with the provisions of Rule 3 (1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011. This document meets the stipulations and conditions mentioned in Section 65B (2) of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
- Acceptance – this agreement is between bakedemy.com (hereinafter ‘the company’ / us) and the user/ prospective student (hereinafter ‘you’). You are bound by this agreement when you visit our website bakedemy.com, inquire about our courses, purchase them, or receive details from us about the same. This is when you do so online or via phone or text, including (but not limited to) the home baker groups on WhatsApp. This applies to whether or not the final sale of these class spots occurs or not.
- If you do not want to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not continue any further on our website or do any of the other above-mentioned activities.
- Minimum age – any student intending to enroll in this course must be 18 years of age and competent to contract under Indian law.
- International users – our company is based in India and in complete compliance with Indian laws. However, if you are a user/ prospective student based outside India, you will be solely responsible for complying with your local laws.
- Language of instruction – the course will be conducted in English, so a basic understanding of the language is required. The course will be conducted online.
- Content – our content refers to all the material posted on our website, which includes posters, details about courses, course booklets including recipes, videos, tutorials, blogs, images, graphics, logos, icons, sound clips, Q&A answers, data compilations, and page layout. This is not an exhaustive list.
You cannot use any of our content except for your own learning purposes. You cannot copy, replicate, download or share any of this content. Doing so without our explicit permission in writing will amount to a breach of international copyright laws. You can replicate cake designs and use recipes to learn and even for your home baking business, but any other use will be considered a breach of copyright.
- Course fee – The course fee is as mentioned for separate courses or the overall course. The pricing can be found on our home page and on the courses page. This will only cover this course and will not entitle you to claim the costs of any raw materials or other things used by you during the course of learning. You are offered a 14 day trial period during which you can choose to get your money back. However, the trial period does not cover the full course and you cannot expect the same.
- Registration – to register for this course, you have to fill out our registration form and provide ___ (other documents such as ID proof or photograph).
- Payment of fee – the fee must be paid in full through the available payment options -. Your enrollment will not be confirmed until you pay the course fee. The payment options used by us may have a certain charge or commission attached to them. This is implied and you will be responsible for understanding how much has to be paid inclusive of these charges.
- Refund – your money will be refunded seven days after you purchase the full course if you are not satisfied with it. No claims for refunds will be accepted after the seven-day window. No refunds will be given in case of an act of God, force majeure, or cancellation of this agreement. Individual modules and masterclass are not eligible for any refunds.
- Forums – you are encouraged to participate in our forums for discussion between students, whether this may be on social media channels, WhatsApp, or on the website. However, you cannot advertise your own business without explicit written permission from the admin.
Also, under no circumstance can you discuss anything except the course and baking-related activities. Any promotional material about non-banking activities will lead to immediate removal from the groups/ forums.
You also agree not to send messages which incite hate, are fraudulent or misleading, reveal sensitive information about other people without their explicit consent, or are malware of any kind. Any such activity will lead to immediate removal from the groups/ forums and could also result in removal from the course. Several of these activities can lead to legal action.
- Your account – When using the website or availing of its services, you shall be responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your account, including your password and other credentials. You cannot share your login details with anyone else. You cannot assign your account to anyone.
The Company is not responsible for unauthorized access to your account that results from misappropriation or theft of your account. The Company may refuse or cancel service, terminate your account, and remove or edit content without giving you any notice.
- Prohibited uses – The Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and use the Site from one device only in accordance with the Terms. Your account access cannot be shared with other people. The purchase is not transferable i.e. you cannot buy it in your name and later give it to another person to use in place of you.
If found that the account is being shared/used by persons who have not paid for the services offered, your account will be terminated immediately and does not require notice from the company.
- Liability – by using our website and/or enrolling in the course offered by us, you agree to indemnify, defend and not hold liable our company, its directors, employees, agents, and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the website or services, your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
The Company and its affiliates shall not be liable for a failure or delay to fulfill its obligations where the failure or delay results from any cause beyond Company’s reasonable control, including technical failures, natural disasters, blockages, embargoes, riots, acts, regulation, legislation, or orders of government, terroristic acts, war, or any other force outside of Company’s control.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship shall be implied between you and the Company as a result of the Terms or use of the Site.
- Accuracy of information – The information available via the Site may include typographical errors or inaccuracies. The Company shall not be liable for these inaccuracies and errors. The Company makes no representations about the availability, accuracy, reliability, suitability, and timeliness of the Content contained on and services available on the Site.
- Termination – the company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. This can be due to a violation of the agreement on your part, non-payment of fees, or for any other reason that the company so deems fit.
- Complaints – in case of any privacy or data collection issues, you have the right to raise a complaint with us. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your complaint within 30 days, whenever possible. You are entitled to move to the respective officer in your area if you have further privacy concerns. If you do intend to pursue legal action, you agree to be bound by the dispute resolution clause of these Terms.
- Applicable law – This agreement is governed by the Indian law in force at the given time. The courts of Hyderabad will have jurisdiction to rule over any dispute arising out of or concerning these Terms and Conditions.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each paragraph of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Dispute resolution – in the event that any disputes arising out of or concerning these Terms and Conditions, or any provisions hereof, whether in contract, tort or otherwise at law or in equity for damages or any other relief, you agree that the first course of action will be resolved via arbitration. This will be prior to approaching the courts.
- We reserve the right to periodically reassess and amend these terms. It is your responsibility to keep up with the same. We will not be liable for any misinformation that caused you to act in a certain way.